Hydrotherapy for Dogs
Help increase muscle strength + endurance.
Our rehab center, AnWell Veterinary Rehab & Conditioning Center, is the first in Pennsylvania to use the Ferno Hydrotreadmill and Swim System for aquatic therapy for veterinary rehabilitation.
Using the natural properties of water (buoyancy, resistance and heat), the treadmill system creates a low-impact workout that helps dogs increase muscle strength and endurance, which allows them a quicker transition to land-based physical therapy.
Treatments are customized through variable water heights, which can accommodate different sized dogs and be adjusted for various weight bearing exercises.
Why hydrotherapy treatment benefits dogs:
- Warm water reduces pain and facilitates the healing process
- Older animals with joint problems can exercise effectively
- Improved circulation
- Restoration of mobility
- Strengthening of limbs
- Increased range of motion
- Improved coordination and function
- Variable water heights accommodate different sized dogs and allow for adjustable weight bearing
- Dogs can either swim at maximum water height or walk comfortably on the treadmill at lower water heights without experiencing panic